Sunday, October 18, 2009

Bumpy Start

It was lovely to be able to sleep in today and enjoy the afternoon light streaming in through the large windows.
Sam finally moved in today and spent most of the evening setting up his room.
My parents stopped by for the grand tour, and I lit up several candles to enhance the coziness. What a challenge that came to be. I ran out of matches so I attempted to dip the wicks into already burning flames, but to no avail. After 20 minutes of digging around, I lit a pencil and used it as my triumphant torch of lighting success!
Unfortunately, some people did not enjoy the fact that I left the candles brightly burning for their sake. Although the offending flames were not left unattended, as others were home, I am now considered slightly irresponsible... *sigh*
Everybody is a little out of sorts as we try to get settled in and approach the coming work week...figuring out new commute times and adjusting to a place that is not yet home. Hopefully, we can avoid any stress-related drama and misunderstandings within in these next few weeks.

One bright spot of the day was joining my dear friend kristi (http://snackyfrench.blogspot.com/) in her home to make invites for our Fall Frolic. She is quite the clever one and we hand wrote the invites on torn out pages of a children's book from the 60's.

Well, Monday awaits...

1 comment: