Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do you think anyone would read it?

So my final project for a publication design class was to create a magazine. Hence, Speak came to fruition. You can read about my inspiration in the letter from the editor.
I was quite irritated to discover I could not upload a pdf version...so I have spent the past 45 minutes exporting to jpgs and uploading each spread. Hopefully it is still readable because I would love to hear some feedback.
Even though I was required to create every dot and tittle of the writing and the design, (all these ads are fake!), the real purpose of this magazine is to display the work of talented, unpublished artists and writers. I would love to see submissions from amateur photographers, writers, painters and graphic design artists.
This magazine is meant to be a reader-interactive publication which will include well-researched and clearly composed political pieces, literary compositions and photo spreads to inspire, among other pieces. Please excuse my humble piece...does it have a chance for growth?










4 comments:

  1. I love this idea! I can't imagine undertaking all that -- the ad-content alone would have been intimidating territory for me. It must have taken forever. I'm pretty sure I've never seen anything in publication like this. I also think the name is great! Take it public, Kerah! BTW, SPEAK would also make a great blog name;)Why didn't I think of that?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously think a magazine like this would do so good, there isn't anything like this in publication YET. uumm, if you need any help, I'll be glad to pitch in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the feedback! Trust me, you two would be the first I would call if this ever got underway.
    Melissa, I was actually trying to use some of your pics from flickr when I designed this mag, but they were too small. I don't know why I didn't just ask you for them...
    And Noelle, I didn't even know you did photography at the time.
    I would be surprised if you two said you couldn't write...isn't it in our genes? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so great kerah!!!
    i'm glad i finally got to see this magazine!
    ... and stumbled upon your blog :)

    ReplyDelete